Origins 2023 Game of the Year nominations
We are thrilled to announce that four outstanding board games, developed by our esteemed customers, have been nominated for the prestigious Origins Game of the Year Awards 2023. To Adam’s Apple Games, Smirk & Dagger and Fireside Games, we would like to extend our heartfelt congratulations to the talented teams behind these exceptional games, whose creativity and innovation have captured the attention of the gaming industry. Their nominations for the Origins Game of the Year Awards serve as a testament to their unwavering commitment to crafting immersive and engaging experiences for players around the globe.
As a manufacturing company, we are honored to have played a small part in their remarkable achievements.
Once again, congratulations to the deserving teams behind these remarkable board games! Your passion, talent, and dedication have earned you well-deserved recognition in the gaming industry. We eagerly await the announcement of the winners and will be cheering for you every step of the way.
Below are each of the nominated games.
Boop: A deceptively cute, deceivingly challenging abstract strategy game for two players.
Every time you place a kitten on the bed, it goes “boop.” Which is to say that it pushes every other kitten on the board one space away. Line up three kittens in a row to graduate them into cats… and then, get three cats in a row to win.
But that isn’t easy with both you AND your opponent constantly “booping” kittens around. It’s like… herding cats!
Can you “boop” your cats into position to win?
Or will you just get “booped” right off the bed?
- Approachable but challenging abstract game. Plays in 20 to 30 minutes.
- Features a quilted, fabric board that lays over the back of the box, completing the miniature bed playing surface. 8 wood kittens and cats per player – 32 adorable cat pieces in all!
Decorum is a cooperative, hidden information game where you and your partner share the same objective: decorate your home in a way that makes you both happy. The problem is, different things make each of you happy and nobody says exactly what they need. Can you find a happy compromise, or is it time to move out?!
- Play through 30 unique scenarios, each introducing new twists and challenges.
- Keep your conditions a secret, they say how you want the house decorated.
- Add, remove, and swap objects or repaint rooms to make the house look just right… for you.
- Respond with “Love it”, “Hate it”, or “Fine with it” to work together toward a perfectly decorated home.
- There is a solution for each scenario, the trick is figuring it out in time.
Castle Panic is a cooperative, light strategy game for 1 to 6 players ages 10 and up. Players must work together to defend their castle, in the center of the board, from monsters that attack out of the forest at the edges of the board. Players trade cards, hit and slay monsters, and plan strategies together to keep their castle towers intact. The players either win or lose together, but only the player with the most victory points is declared the Master Slayer. Players must balance the survival of the group with their own desire to win.
The Spill: Offshore rig, DeepWell•4, has blown out and the rupture is spilling crude oil into the ocean at an alarming rate! Your response team must work together, using your individual talents to avert an ecological disaster, one which threatens to contaminate marine life and devastate the ecosystem. The situation is dire and escalating by the minute, so there is no time to waste.
- Contain the oil flowing from the rig
- Remove what oil you can from the waters
- Rescue the marine animals
The world is watching. The fate of the coast is in your hands!
Will your next game be nominated for the Origins Game of the Year Awards? Contact Boda Games today to start discussing it.